Saturday, July 28, 2012

Landscape... done!

The landscapers finished up on Friday.  Everything turned out really nice!  They left us with two Blue Spruce and 18 Blue Carpet Juniper to plant ourselves; we spent Saturday afternoon getting that done.  The Blue Spruce were a bit larger than we anticipated - but we got em planted!  We should have worn long sleeves, as both Hubby and I have scratched up arms - those blue spruce are pretty darn prickly!

The sprinkler system is going to start being installed on Monday and then we can get grass in... I can't wait!

3 Norwegian Spruce 

Magnolia bush

Riverbirch

Prairie Fire Crabapple tree

Front yard view with the new trees

Mulch and lighting


Pudding stone found on Neebish Island

Pudding stone sitting with the Japanese maple




Kousa Dogwood tree planted behind the barn



The Blue Spruce we will plant

The first one being planted on the east slope


In the ground
Digging the second hole... this slope (front yard) is the only area on
our property that is clay.  Made for some tedious digging!


Taking a break in the shade

18 Blue Carpet Juniper to plant on the driveway slope

18 Blue Carpet Juniper in the ground

Added a rock in hopes the UPS guy will
stop cutting the corner into the plants

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7/30/2012

    Happy Belated Birthday - Sorry I missed it - I haven't been "on the ball" with cards this year! Sorry. The Landscaping looks really nice. As does the cabinet! TTYL - JDC

    ReplyDelete