Thursday, April 25, 2013

Storage Room

Hubby and I decided to finish a small storage room in the basement on our own. Worked out well for me, as Hubby did most of the work... but I did assist him when I could!  We need to do one more coat of paint and I think we'll call it done. Lovin' that Hubby is so handy at home improvement projects!!!


Ugly storage room

Notice the cement on the door frame...
it will have to be scraped and chiseled off

Door frame looking better

Cement pieces from door frame



Getting ready to install insulation


Rolling it out

Securing it to the studs

Insulation... check!

Installing some wood at the bottom
of the walls to nail trim work up later

First nail gun died on the job... Hubby now has a new one!

Installing the panels



Lookin' good!

Tools and stuff

Trim work done



Door frame with trim work up

Ready for paint

First coat of  paint



Ta da... one more coat of paint
and we're finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment