Monday, May 26, 2014

A Finished Basement

Been in the house for a couple years now and we've decided it's time to get the basement finished.  Once the basement is finished we'll be able to unpack the rest of our stuff and be totally settled!  I can't wait!

After being really hands-on with our house in Ohio, we decided we want to be more "hands-off" on this house... so we've hired a contractor for the job!  We did, however, decide to do two parts of the project ourselves... installing noise reduction channels for the ceiling, and putting in insulation.  We believed those projects would be easy enough... something that Hubby and I could handle.  And we did!

We were able to install the noise reduction channels over a weekend; took us 20 hours.  Not hard, just slow and time consuming.  The insulation... well, if I NEVER, EVER, EVER do that again it would be just fine by me!  It didn't take us 20 hours like the first project, but I was itchy, bruised and banged up from climbing a ladder too many times to count, unrolling, cutting and carrying insulation, then pulling and pushing the insulation into the places we wanted it.  Even though we wore long pants, long sleeve shirts, dust masks, and protective glasses... that darn stuff still got all over me!

Now here we are though, our two hands-on projects are finished... it's back to just watching the work happen! Like magic or something... ha ha!

Resilient Noise Reduction Channels

Putting up the first piece

Progress...


Still smiling!

Done!

Itchy insulation

1 comment: